About this Course
It is said that E.H.Harriman, an American legend in road building, once declared “Let me be one of 15 people round a table and I will get my way”. Is this true? I have no idea, I never met the man. What I do know is there are many people I have met who just seem to have the same knack. Is it luck? Not at all…. it is a skill, Negotiation Skill.
Negotiation skill can be learnt but mastering the art needs proper training and practice. Mastering your negotiation skills will bring you measurable bottom-line results. Very often in negotiation you do not have time to consider, you are called upon to make an instant decision that may change your business fortune. Mistakes made in negotiation can be costly and in this two day course we not only provide the skills but also give you an environment to practise the skills to make sure they stick.
The best negotiation results are achieved when you consider not only your position but also that of your negotiation opponent. This kind of negotiation technique is known as Win-Win or collaborative problem solving and is proven to be far more effective in getting the best results and preserving the relationship. This two-day training includes practice and role play to ensure that the skills are embedded. If we are not skilled negotiators we are not skilled sales people.
- 1. Discovering the essentials of effective negotiation
- 2. Learning the key elements of a successful negotiation to ensure Win-Win solutions. – Own Objectives – Other persons objectives
- 3. Creating a sound negotiation framework
- 4. The Key to conflict resolution
- 1. How to waste less time and get better results
- 2. Preparing for a Negotiation
- 3. SWOT Analysis
- 4. Starting with clearly defined objectives
- 5. Preparing your own checklist to include – Your NDA (No Deal Alternative) – Setting Goals – Supporting your argument – Analysing the other party
- 1. Deal or No Deal – Discover what Win-Win really means
- 2. Mastering different negotiation techniques for different business deals
- 3. Developing a Win-Win strategy
- 4. Examining the pitfalls to avoid in Negotiating
- 5. Building “partner” relationships
- 6. Recognising the power of strategies
- 1. Ensuring both parties are on the same page
- 2. Listening Assertively
- 3. Respect and Trust
- 4. Brainstorming sessions
- 5. Negotiation Shield
- 6. Learn when to say no
- 7. What is a good deal
- 1. Prepare a draft checklist for your organisation
- 2. Discussing techniques to draft a negotiation plan and agenda
- 1. Putting together negotiating strategies
- 2. The $2 game
About the Speaker
Richard Mulvey is South Africa’s leading Sales Motivator and over the last 22 years has inspired over 200,000 business people to better performance.
Using knowledge gained from his 20 years experience as a sales person all the way to Sales Director together with ‘up to date’ sales techniques, Richard is able to up skill any group of sales people and inspire them to use the skills.
Richard is also president of the Professional Speakers Association of Southern Africa and has been inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame, an honour that is held by only 9 South Africans including Clem Sunter, Michael Mol and Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
Enquire now for more information about our In-House Training.
All our courses can be tailored to your business/company’s needs.
What is Provided
- A workbook with comprehensive notes.
- 4 weeks of follow up emails specifically pertaining to this course material.
- Course attendance certificate.
- Lunch and refreshments.
Tel: 0861 444 888
Postal: PO Box 53491, Kenilworth, Cape Town, 7745